Supercharge your application for the Croydon Business Excellence Awards
To mark our second year sponsoring the Tech Innovation of the Year category at the Croydon Business Excellence Awards, Sussex Innovation – Croydon is hosting a workshop to help you get the most out of your application.
When we were selecting the finalists and judging the entries for last year's Tech Innovation of the Year, we noticed a few common mistakes that many applicants made, as well as the key factors that helped the best to stand out from the rest. This breakfast session is designed to help you supercharge your application and get your business noticed. It’s not just for Tech Innovation of the Year entrants; we’ll be sharing tips and advice for improving your chances to win across all the Awards categories.
- 8.15-8.30am: Arrival
Tea, coffee and networking
- 8.30-8.45am: Jo Gumb (Director) White Label Creative
A run-down of the entry criteria and process for this year’s awards, and top tips on how to be among the winners in October.
- 8.45-9.00am: Frank Mukahanana (Chief Executive) QuidCycle
The winner of the 2015 Tech Innovation of the Year shares his insight from a successful Awards campaign, how to get your message across to the judges, and the benefits of being a winner.
- 9.00-9.30am: Simon Chuter (Sales & Marketing Innovation Advisor) and Joseph Bradfield (PR & Communications Advisor), Sussex Innovation – Croydon
Simon and Joseph from the Sussex Innovation support team take you through the dos and don’ts of writing a compelling application. Learn about common pitfalls to avoid, what to leave out and what to keep in, and how to communicate your vision – and your passion – more effectively.
- 9.30-10.00am: Networking
Following the presentations, Simon and Joseph will be sticking around to answer any questions, as well as sharing information about Sussex Innovation – Croydon for any attendees who’d like to find out more.
The benefits of entering the Croydon Business Excellence Awards extend far beyond accepting one of the prestigious trophies at the Awards Ceremony in October. Here are five reasons why your organisation should take part in the Awards:
- Reflect on your success and consider the future direction of your business
- Showcase your business and its achievements
- Generate positive PR and lots of local media coverage
- Differentiate your business by being a winner or finalist
- Celebrate your achievements at a gala dinner in October
This event is free to attend - be sure to visit the Eventbrite page to reserve a place.