The Sussex Innovation Centre currently has grants available to support the commercialisation of intellectual property.
IP Grants are available to support knowledge-based SME businesses to cover 3rd party costs in the development of their own innovations. IP Grants are for a maximum of £5,000 net of VAT or a maximum of 50% of the direct 3rd party costs, whichever is smaller. You do not need to be a member of Sussex Innovation in order to access this grant.
What can I use the IP grant for?
There are a wide variety of situations where the funding can be applied to help bridge the gap to reaching an established business proposition, for example:
- Reviewing pre-existing patents for similar market propositions
- Filing a patent for a new technological innovation or invention
- Trademarking brand properties and imagery for consumer goods
- Product stability testing, kitemarking and meeting regulatory compliance standards
- Manufacturing a proof of concept or prototype prior to seeking IP protection
- Undertaking research to develop or secure new IP
What can't I use the IP grant for?
- Software development costs
- Market research costs
- Marketing of new products
If your business is interested in applying for an IP grant, please contact David Porter at Sussex Innovation.