Alliantist, creators of the cloud-based collaboration platform pam, have launched ISMS Online, a software solution for implementing, managing and improving Information Security Management Systems. ISMS Online is designed to help businesses reduce the time and costs involved in achieving accreditations such as ISO 27001:2013. In a market first, it provides a complete and affordable online system with which to build operating security policies and controls, from staff induction through to complex supplier management.
Alliantist took the decision to roll out ISMS Online as a commercial service having originally built it as an internal platform to help achieve their own accreditation. "We used our own pam platform to implement ISO 27001," said founder and MD Mark Darby. "It was only when our ISO UKAS accredited auditor told us that it was the best implementation of the standard he's seen, that we realised this service could be packaged to help others manage their ISMS and multiple security compliances."
The new service builds on Alliantist's trusted reputation for information security. In 2014, pam became the first cloud platform to meet the pan-government security requirements for sharing information and working up to 'Official Sensitive' levels. ISMS Onbline features:
- A collaboration-centric software service that facilitates easy communication through groups and projects, both internally and externally, with suppliers, customers and other partners
- Proven and trusted frameworks that have been built-in to give consistent and repeatable practices for policy and controls management
- Document linking that eliminates duplication within ISO 27001, and across multiple standards such as PCI DSS, PSN CoCo and any other compliance standard
- Sophisticated decision-support tools for risk management, interested party mapping, security incident management and corrective actions
- A supply chain module which allows coordination and control of the direct supply chain in terms of provider performance, contract and relationship management, and continuous improvement
- An information security management system stored online, in one secure place, that is easily accessible 24/7
Brainjuicer is just beginning its journey to ISO 27001:2013 accreditation, and has become one of the new service's first customers. Emma Cooper, Senior Director, says that "as you would expect for an organisation that focuses on insights, communication and great design, we wanted a solution that epitomised our way of working without needing to build anything ourselves. pam offers us that."
"Organisations like Brainjuicer are more carefully considering the platform from which they build and deliver their ISMS," says Sam Peters, Head of Operations at Alliantist. "It's no good just buying a set of policies from consultants when the design and management of the system for 'in life' operation is of major importance too. If you truly want to embed information security as a habit in your business and engage some or all of your people on the journey at low cost and risk, then we have a cracking solution."